Clinical trials at Writtle College in the UK prove Niagara Equissage Pulse can Increase horse’s length of stride by significantly assisting performance across all disciplines. The study included eight horses of varying ages who were monitored for their length of stride before and after a treatment with Niagara Equissage Pulse daily, over two weeks.
To determine if Niagara Equissage Pulse use Improves performance in thoroughbreds. To test claims that use of Niagara Equissage Pulse will Improve circulation, joint mobility and respiratory conditions, in addition to:-
- Relaxing muscles while releasing tension
- Reducing swelling
- Improving pre exercise warm up and post exercise cool down
Science is clear in that heart rate before/during/after exercise is an accurate measure of exercise intensity.
Therefore, if heart rate drops for any given gallop speed – or gallop speed increases for any given heart rate, a positive condition effect is taking place.
Three methods of exercise were considered:-
- Half mile breezes on the training track
- Traditional 2 mile gallop on the training track
- Actual 6 furlong races during the 2008-2009 season
For breezing and galloping, the mare was outfitted with heart rate and GPS sensors to objectively measure performance in terms of the relationship of heart rate to gallop speed. In racing, the Beyer speed figure is used to grade performance that day. 2 races took place with no Niagara Equissage Pulse treatment, while 2 took place with treatments 20 minutes before post time.
The results indicated that daily use of the Niagara Equissage Pulse Pad in the saddle position and application of the hand unit to each front leg in the tendon boots appeared to improve their stride lengths by an average of 13%, improve their trot speed by an average of 21%.
- Niagara Equissage Pulse treatments prior to half mile breeze improved post workout recovery within the first 5 minutes from 71% to 85.5%
- Niagara Equissage Pulse treatments prior to a gallop allowed the mare to move a tick faster for the distance, while expending less energy
- Niagara Equissage Pulse treatments 20 minutes before the post parade improved the Beyer figure by an average of 15 points
- For further information and to try a free demonstration to understand how Niagara Equissage Pulse can help you and your horse, contact us today to book a no obligation visit from one of our therapy advisors
For further information on how Niagara Equissage Pulse can help you achieve your required performance enhancements and to try a free demonstration, contact us today to book a no obligation visit from one of our therapy advisors.